The Greater New Orleans Foundation provides this one day for non-profits to come together and raise funds. They provide a fun platform with lots of incentives to get donors motivated. We thank the Lord we can participate with over 700 other non-profits.
Points of Interest during the 2017 Day:
- Our son, Michael Watkins, covered early morning hours, 1 am & 2 am for us, making donations to qualify us for the Rock Around the Clock $1,000 prize
- Our niece, Lisa Ramey, covered the 4:00 a.m. spot for us
- We are grateful to local businesses that contributed half the funds raised:
- Cooks Pest Control (Mobile, AL)
- David Dutton, CPA, (Mobile, AL)
- The Martin Center, Facial Plastic Surgery, Skin Care, Laser Center (Mobile, AL)
- Zick and Associates, Accounting & Tax Services (Mobile, AL)
- We held a lunch fest at our home from noon to 2 and enjoyed guest coming and going
- Noon – 5 p.m. donations dropped off for Wee Can Know
- Debbie sent out an email and posted on Facebook and Twitter and several gifts rolled in between 5-10 p.m.
- Wee Can Know led the non-profits in St Bernard Parish with most in donations until St Bernard Parish Adult Education won $1,000
- GiveNOLA has 3 Throw Me Somethin’ Mister prizes during 3 specific hours (7 am, 3 p.m., 10 p.m.) within the 24 hour period. The non-profit with the most unique donors during one of these hours wins $3,000. If we could recruit 100 + donors to give just $10 during 10 p.m. hour next year, we could possible win the prize!
- In the last hours, the race was on between Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans and PLEASE Foundation (Catholic). PLEASE led in first place until a $10,000 donation pushed JF of GNO into first place, enabling them to win the $10,000 1st place prize!