(c) Child Evangelism Fellowship
This is an excellent post from Child Evangelism Fellowship; knowing these skills save me and the kids in the classroom all the time! After a little practice in the classroom, you can learn to manage a much smoother class time too!
Click here to learn the 7 skills.
Parenting isn’t easy. God doesn’t expect us to go it alone. He wants to help us. Here is a Family Prayer Guide that will give you a specific prayer request to pray for your child/children for 31 days. The prayer request came from the excellent website, OperationIntercession.org ; we just formatted the 31-Day prayer request into a downloadable guide for your convenience.
Download a free Parent Prayer Guide here: Parents 31-Day Prayer Guide
Let the Little Children Come just rolled off the press two great resources that you can utilize for FREE!
We love this company and the innovative tools they create and provide to help you share the Gospel with little ones in an interesting and dynamic way. We love their tracts and kids do too!
Check out these two new tools that they are offering free! They not only want to help you reach kids with the Gospel but help them grow in their relationship with Christ too.
Free tool #1: Downloadable Follow-up book, great story about an Aunt and Uncle and their new foster son, Zac. Click here.
Free tool #2: Kids love paper airplanes, will here is one you can download in full color with the Wordless Book colors (download one to teach the Gospel in a new unique way) or download in black and white and let the kids color the plane themselves (let the kids color and make their own plane after you presented the Gospel). Kids will love it at VBS! I can see the plane races all across America now! Click here.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation provides this one day for non-profits to come together and raise funds. They provide a fun platform with lots of incentives to get donors motivated. We thank the Lord we can participate with over 700 other non-profits.
Points of Interest during the 2017 Day:
- Our son, Michael Watkins, covered early morning hours, 1 am & 2 am for us, making donations to qualify us for the Rock Around the Clock $1,000 prize
- Our niece, Lisa Ramey, covered the 4:00 a.m. spot for us
- We are grateful to local businesses that contributed half the funds raised:
- Cooks Pest Control (Mobile, AL)
- David Dutton, CPA, (Mobile, AL)
- The Martin Center, Facial Plastic Surgery, Skin Care, Laser Center (Mobile, AL)
- Zick and Associates, Accounting & Tax Services (Mobile, AL)
- We held a lunch fest at our home from noon to 2 and enjoyed guest coming and going
- Noon – 5 p.m. donations dropped off for Wee Can Know
- Debbie sent out an email and posted on Facebook and Twitter and several gifts rolled in between 5-10 p.m.
- Wee Can Know led the non-profits in St Bernard Parish with most in donations until St Bernard Parish Adult Education won $1,000
- GiveNOLA has 3 Throw Me Somethin’ Mister prizes during 3 specific hours (7 am, 3 p.m., 10 p.m.) within the 24 hour period. The non-profit with the most unique donors during one of these hours wins $3,000. If we could recruit 100 + donors to give just $10 during 10 p.m. hour next year, we could possible win the prize!
- In the last hours, the race was on between Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans and PLEASE Foundation (Catholic). PLEASE led in first place until a $10,000 donation pushed JF of GNO into first place, enabling them to win the $10,000 1st place prize!
What is GiveNOLA Day?
GiveNOLA Day is a 24-hour event hosted by the Greater New Orleans Foundation to inspire people to give generously to nonprofits making our region stronger, creating a thriving community for all.
How Does Wee Can Know Benefit with GiveNOLA Day?
WCK is one of the 717 non-profits participating in GiveNOLA Day. Our participation will help us build community awareness, make new friends, and raise funds. Plus, they provide opportunity to win prizes and build relationships with other non-profits.
Most of all it helps us teach children the wonderful Good News of Jesus. Your gift can mean everything to a child who doesn’t know Jesus!
How Can I Give on Give NOLA Day?
- Donate on-line anytime between now and midnight on May 2 by clicking here.
- Hint: Your on-line gift on May 2 will qualify us to win prizes!
- Donate by check made payable to WCK. Mail to: WCK, PO Box 131, Arabi, LA 70032
- Bring it to our headquarters on May 2! 313 Bear Drive, Arabi, LA. Click Here for a special invitation.
Join us on GiveNOLA day! One Day to Give as One! Help us raise $5,000, together we can!
Debbie shares in this brief video about the new CEF Press Easter Outreach Kit: The King’s Crown
Click photo to learn about The King’s Crown Easter Outreach
Six Floats to Tell His Story
In New Orleans, Mardi Gras is a HUGE occasion. The children even make shoebox floats for their classes, elect king and queens for their schools, and celebrate with their own parade!
When I read my friend, Patti Nodar McDonald’s, book, The Gospel Parade, I dreamed of creating a shoebox parade for the children I teach incorporating Patti’s story with CEF’s Story of the Beads. I didn’t have much time because my first presentation was in six days!!!! Continue reading
Posted in Bible Lessons, Children's Ministry, Color Page, Evangelism, Evangelistic, Seasonal Lessons, Uncategorized
Tagged Evangelism, floats, Gospel, Kids Ministry, Mardi Gras, Parade, Patti Nodar McDonald, Salvation, the Gospel Parade, the Story of the Beads, Wordless Book